*All airsoft guns must be concealed in a gun case, bag or original box until inside ThunderDome.
*Absolutely no lasers or lights are to be used outside the faclility while on our premises. If you are caught breaking this rule, you will be banned for playing at our facility.
*Waivers must be signed by all players. Players under 18 must have their parent or legal guardian sign the waiver. Click here for waiver
- Airsoft is a game of honor. Call your own hits!
- Players caught cheating will be ejected from the field. If caught a second time, you will be asked to leave for the night with no refund.
- No verbal abuse, profanity, name-calling, or slurs against someone's race, religion, family or friends will be tolerated.
- Swearing. While we understand that an occasional swear word will be uttered, if any person uses excessive profanity in general or directs profanity toward another player, that person will be ejected.
- Players attempting to steal, vandalize, menace, cause bodily harm, or otherwise break the law will be turned in to the police.
- No illegal drugs or alcohol are permitted.
- Game control staff or referee decisions made on the field are final. Arguing with field admins is grounds for immediate ejection.
- Aggressive, malicious or unsportsmanlike conduct is grounds for ejection without refund.
- Under no circumstances shall you fire upon other players in "full auto". Doing so will result in immediate ejection; without a refund and my result in being banned from our facility.
- Treat your Airsoft gun as if it were a real loaded firearm. Always keep it pointed down. Always have the safety and mag out on when not playing. Never point your weapon at another individual unless you are on the playing field and playing a game.
- Barrel socks are required in the staging area for all exposed airsoft weapons. Anyone caught dry firing or pointing airsoft weapons at another individual in the staging/loadout area will be ejected for the day.
- Team armbands are required for even play and overall safety. These are available for purchase for $5. Multiple colors are available and used and non conforming colors will not be allowed when game play requires a certain color. These are to be worn higher than waist level and to be visible while looking straight at a player. Do not wear the bands behind you or lower than your waist band.
- Semi auto only
- Because our field is designed to be a CQB(Close Quarter Battle) facility, players may only use their guns on semi auto.
- In general open play, rounds per second are limited to 25.
- In fairness to the sport and other players, during general open play "double" triggers or "flat/blade" triggers are not allowed.
- In general open play, rounds per second are limited to 25.
- Orange Tips
- Orange tips are recommended (not required) to play at ThunderDome. Orange tips are an extra safety feature. We can provide orange tape if you prefer to have an orange tip while playing.
- Barrel Socks
- Barrel socks are required to play at our facility. They are re-enforced fabric covers that go over the barrel of an airsoft weapon to prevent accidental discharge. Acceptable barrel covers must be specifically made for airsoft weapons and have a bungee cord attached. Barrel socks are a one time purchase and can be bought at our facility for $6.
- If you do not have one or forgot yours, you will be required to purchase one from either the arena or store. Not having one is not an option.
- General Weapon Safety
- Keep your finger off the trigger of your Airsoft weapon unless you are shooting at something.
- Magazines out of your Airsoft weapon unless you are on the field.
- All Airsoft weapons must be kept on safe unless you are on the feild.
- No dry firing in any area of the facility unless you are on the feild.
- Entering or leaving any buildings on site, your Airsoft weapon must be in a gun bag or original box. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Muzzle velocity.
- Each players guns will be chronographed at check-in using .20 bb's (We will supply the chrono ammo).
- Allowable AEGs/Gas must shoot nore more than 1.14 joules (350 fps). Allowable HPA must shoot no more than 1.01 Joules (330 fps).
- Any gun shooting over these standards must be de-tuned to meet this requirement before being allowed for use in the playing field.
- Clothing (Clothing should be loose or baggy)
- Closed footwear must be worn. NO sandals. Sneakers or boots are fine.
- Long sleeve shirt or hooded sweatshirt is recommended.
- Long pants required. Shorts may not be worn (Under Armour leggings/tights under shorts are acceptable).
- Hard-shell kneepads are recommended but not required.
- Gloves are recommended but not required.
- Bright red “kill rag” Is recommended but not necessary.
- Full face protection is mandatory for all players. Eyes, nose and mouth must be covered at all times in the playing area. Approved eye/face protection must be worn at all times on the playing field. Removal of your eye protection on the field is grounds for immediate ejection.
- Acceptable forms are as follows:
- Full paintball-style masks are allowed.
- Goggles with a separate plastic or mesh lower mask are allowed.
- Goggles or masks must be FULL FOAM SEAL completely around the eyes and secured around your head with an elastic band.
- Non acceptable forms.
- T-shirts, scarfs, bandanas or any other thin material are NOT allowed.
- Neoprene masks are NOT permitted.
- Balaclava masks are NOT permitted.
- Shooting glasses or “operator-type” sun-glass styles are NOT permitted even if ballistically rated (unless full seal kit has been installed).
- Mesh goggles are NOT permitted.
- Non-Bio bbs only. Only house brand bb's will be allowed for insurance reasons. House Brand bbs (house ammo) will be distinctively marked for easy reference..
- NO outside bbs (ammo) is allowed. If non approved bbs are used, the person responsible can and will be ejected without any refund or compensation. This ejection may result in a permanent ban if warranted.
- Players who are using field rental guns from us are required to use our house brand bbs and may buy more bbs sold at ThunderDome. You may NOT use your own BB’s in our guns or in our facility.
START AND END OF PLAY
- Start and end of play will be indicated only by the game officials.
Once end of play has been sounded, all players must immediately remove any
magazines from their guns, point the muzzle of the gun in a safe direction
clear the weapon and proceed to safe area.
- At NO time is a weapon even to be dry-fired inside the staging area or getting ready room. Barrels shall be pointed at the ground at all times. Any weapon safety violations in the staging area are grounds for immediate dismissal.
HOW TO SHOOT
- Semi Auto only
- Double-Tap - When shooting an opponent always be courteous. Squeeze your trigger finger a max of two times in succession. If your opponent doesn't call their hit, then repeat. If you are overshooting, you will be warned once, the second time you will be eliminated from the game and the third time you will be asked to leave. Airsoft bb's hurt, there is no reason to light another player up more than twice in succession.
- To prevent overshooting, this facility does not allow "double triggers" and rate of fire is limited to 25RPS.
- Always aim for the largest body mass, chest and back. If another body part is the only thing exposed, you may aim for it. Try to avoid aiming for the head as much as possible.
- Body hits:
- Any hit, anywhere on your entire person, including any and all gear (except gun hits), counts that you are out. Because of the close quarters, unless stated otherwise, Ricochets DO NOT count. Friendly fire counts. BB’s falling from the sky count. Shooting yourself counts.
- Confirm elimination.
- When you get hit, yell "Hit!" as loud as possible, pull out your dead rag and raise your hand or weapon in the air quickly, and return to the dead zone or respawn area with your hand or gun still in the air. You should repeat the "hit" call a few times to let other players know that you are out.
- Weapon hits.
- If any part of your primary weapon is hit, this does not count. Problems may arise if you experience a weapon hit and you accused of not calling your hits, please find a ref or admin and do not ensue in an argument
- Avoid Inflicting Unnecessary Pain!
- Point-blank shooting is discouraged but there is no minimum engagement distance do the the nature of CQB. Players who encounter opponents at point-blank range (less than 10 feet away) must yell "Surrender". Your opponent will have the option to either surrender or run. If they surrender they are considered out and you will NOT shoot them, if they run, you may shoot them.
- If a player says “Surrender!” to you, you CANNOT shoot them. Your only option is to surrender or run. If you shoot them you will be considered out and they will remain in the game.
- Your gun must be functioning and capable of firing BB’s and not out of ammo when using "Surrender".
- You may only surrender two individuals at one time. It is not realistic that one person could surrender a group of more than 2 people without being shot themselves.
- Avoid Arguments
- If someone tries to engage in an argument, find a referee or admin as soon as possible.
- Knife Kills
- Our insurance policy limits any kind of physical contact between players. "No physical contact such as holding, grappling, simulated knife or bayonet contact is allowed." Thus, there will be no knife kills of any sort.
- Dead men don't talk!
- When you are dead, you may not communicate under any circumstances with any other players that are in play. You may not use the radio, hand gestures, body language or any other form of communication with live players. To do so constitutes cheating.
- You must always WALK to your base or respawn point when you are dead. You may run back into the battle once you have respawned and are again alive.
- No blind firing!
- You must always look down the sights of your weapon as you shoot.
- Players may not shoot through small slots or holes (i.e. gaps between stacked barrels, slats or holes in pallets, etc.) unless the opening is roughly head-sized (i.e. about the size of a sheet of paper)
- Player may not shoot over an obsticle blindly. Meaning you miust be looking down the barrel of the weapon before pulling the trigger.
- Do not stick the gun through any holes/slats or opening that do not allow you to look down the sights of the weapon. Doing so is considered blind firing.
- Grenade launchers should never be fired directly at an opponents face/head. Only body shots. Grenade launchers can only be used from a distance of at least 25’. Be aware that you are financially responsible for any damage you incur during the usage of grenade launchers during play in our facility.
- Hand grenades must be commercially available non-pyrotechnic types (i.e. Airsoft Innovations Tornado; Hakkotsu Thunder B; Thumper TG6; Mad Bull Powder Shot or GSG-01) that emit a loud sound, throw BB's/pea's or both. All players, friend or foe, struck by a grenade round are considered dead.
- Sound grenades are used for distraction only and players cannot be "killed" by sound grenades.
- Hand grenades must always be tossed underhand or rolled; under no circumstances is it ok to throw any type of grenade over any obstacles.
- Pyrotechnic grenades such as TLSFx pea, powder, thunderflash, EG67 or thermobaric are banned from use.
- Absolutely no smoke grenades or smoke emitting devices allowed at any time.
- Only grenades that "throw" bbs can be used to kill players. Players MUST be struck by bbs for the kill to count. Sound Grenades do not count as kill grenades, only distraction devices.
- Any grenade that fails to detonate or emit a clearly audible "bang" is considered a "dud" and will not count as an effective kill.
- Must be commercially available types. No home-made claymores are permitted.
- Claymores are considered directional direct-fire weapons. Your target must actually be hit by the BB's to be considered dead. There is no "area effect" blast as with hand grenades.
- Claymores must be remote detonated or laser tripwired only, no physical tripwires.
- Electronic claymores (i.e. motion sensing with audible alarm) will have a 10' kill radius and function just as if a hand grenade went off.
- Land mine are not permitted
- Homemade or Non-Airsoft weapons are not permitted. This includes, swords, axes, knives. You may wear them, but they will not be permitted in play.
- Riot Shields / Movable baricades
- Any type or any version of these are not permitted for game play.
- NO exposed weapons or worn tactical gear is allowed when outside our facility. This includes the following.
- All Airsoft weapons and tactical gear should be transported in the trunk of your vehicle when arriving or departing ThunderDome.
- Airsoft weapons must be in a case, bag or original box when arriving or leaving ThunderDome. Wrapping Airsoft weapons up in blankets or other cloths is NOT acceptable. NO part of an Airsoft weapon should be showing. If your weapon is not in an acceptable form when arriving, you will not be allowed to play that day.
- Tactical gear is only allowed inside the building and NOT permitted outside the facility. This includes vests, plate carriers, gun holsters, helmets, etc... BDU's or camolfauge are permitted in and outside the building.
- All players are responsible for properly disposing of any and all trash they generate. There are numerous garbage cans in the staging area and gear room.
- Lost & Found
- Please inform staff at the end of the day of what exactly was lost including a detailed description, and provide full contact info in the event it is found.
- Found items will be retained for a period of 30 days, during which the owner may collect it. After 30 days, any found items become the property of the facility to be used or disposed of as we see fit.
- It is strongly recommended that players mark or inscribe radios, magazines, pistols, and other small and easily lost items with their name or other form of identification.
NOT ALLOWED ITEMS
- Knives or real firearms are not permitted on the premises.
FIRST AID AND MEDICAL
- Fire extinguishers are located in the staging area and in the playing area. First aid supplies are located at the front desk.
- Players who have allergies or other special medical needs should inform staff upon initial registration and remind staff of those issues upon every subsequent visit.
- If at any time there is a fire or medical emergency on the field, all play is to stop immediately.
For first timers, we recommend long sleeved clothing and full length pants. Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty or scuffing up. Wear strong shoes - boots or running shoes are great as this is an active game.